- This event has passed.
40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training
September 13 @ 8:30 am - September 16 @ 3:30 pm
Registration is full. Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
Join us for MNCASA’s 40 Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training! This training will include both pre-recorded and live components. Attendees will complete pre-recorded components and then attend the live Zoom training on September 13-16, 2022.
Registration opens for Partner Program members on August 1, and opens for all other members on August 8. This free training is open only to MNCASA members.
What is the 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training?
The 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training equips attendees with the foundational knowledge and skills needed for sexual assault advocacy. The training includes lecture style presentations, group discussion, and structured activities all to advance learning. Attendees will learn about the dynamics of sexual violence and advocacy, but will also be challenged to examine rape culture and systems of oppression. To ensure that sexual assault advocates provide confidential and competent services, advocates at rape crisis centers or community-based advocacy agencies must complete this training prior to working with victims/survivors of sexual assault.
Please note that MNCASA’s training provides a statewide perspective, and attendees will need to learn community specific dynamics through other training.
This training will include both pre-recorded and live Zoom components. Completion of the entire pre-recorded and live Zoom content is necessary to receive your certificate. This is mandated through state statue, OJP, and MNCASA requirements. Attendees also must complete pre-recorded components prior to attending the live virtual training on September 13-16, 2022
*Exceptions to these requirements are not possible. Please speak with us beforehand if you have any concerns.
Pre-work and pre-recorded content equates to 18 hours of work. The following pre-work must be completed by September 7 in order to participate in the live Zoom training:
- Read Articles
- View Recorded Content and Films
- Complete Quizzes
Live Zoom Training
Each day will run 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and include a 45-minute lunch break and other planned breaks.
- Tuesday, September 13
- Wednesday, September 14
- Thursday, September 15
- Friday, September 16
- The 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training can be a great screening tool for new employees, however MNCASA relies on Partner Programs using their own screening process to appropriately select attendees for the 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training. MNCASA’s 40 hour training should not be used as a screening tool for new staff.
- While the MNCASA’s 40-hour training is not designed to be a screening tool, MNCASA facilitators retain the right to provide feedback on a participant’s readiness to become an advocate. Furthermore, MNCASA has the right to ask someone to leave the training or not receive their certificate of attendance.
- Trainees must complete all of the Homework and Online Content prior to attending the training. If this work is not completed, they cannot attend the training.
- Attendees must be punctual and attend all training events. If attendees miss any part of the training, they will not receive a certificate of completion from MNCASA.
There will be two 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch break each day.
Training will be held virtually via Zoom.
- ASL interpreting and live auto-captioning will be available. All webinar recordings are captioned.
- You will need a reliable internet connection and computer to participate in the training, but you are not required to have a video camera.
- Please let us know what accessibility needs you have (ASL, captioning, internet limitations, etc.) when you register so that we can make this training accessible to you.
The training is free for MNCASA members.
- August 1: Registration Opens for Partner Program Members
- August 8: Registration Opens for All Other MNCASA Members
- September 2: Registration Closes and Cancellation Deadline
- If you have questions regarding registration or logistics, please contact Megan McKinnon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions regarding content or attendance, please contact Ashley Sturz-Griffith at email@example.com.
This work is supported by Grant 2019-SW-AX-0006 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this program are those of the trainers and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.