Sibling Coalition-Hosted Event: In Person Native Focused 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training (MIWSAC)
Link to Agenda:
Training and Lodging location:
Homewood Suites Hilton MOA 2261 Killebrew Dr, Bloomington, MN 55425 (952) 854-0900
To reserve lodging, call Reservations at 952-854-0900 and mention our Group, the Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition for the federal per diem rate. The Group Rate is valid until October 15, 2023, so please be sure to secure your lodging before then!
We will begin each day at 9am Central, concluding no later than 5pm Central, with a 90-minute break for Lunch on Your Own each day. You are welcome to arrive at 8:30am Central for a CASUAL Check In, and you are also welcome to stay until 5:30pm for a CASUAL Debrief.
We encourage you to prepare for the training by bringing 4 small items from our 4 sacred elements, Water, Earth, Fire and Air. A few examples are: Water: Water, tea, coffee, juice Earth: A stone, a sliver of bark, even some Sand or Dirt Fire: Sage, Cedar, Sweetgrass, Incense, Candle Air: A mini fan, maybe a scent diffuser for your hotel room?!
- We know that sexual violence happens across all age, gender, racial, religious, socio-economic, and other spectrums.
- This particular training is Native-focused sexual assault advocacy and names explicitly the impact of oppression and other root causes both historically and at present.
- This can be triggering for a variety of reasons. Please wear comfortable clothing, eat & sleep well, use our Earth Medicines, (Water, Earth, Fire, Air) and take gentle care each day!
- Talking about sexual violence is often very personal and can be difficult. We place high value on being tender-hearted and kind to one another, AND especially to ourselves! Our days together are sacred, but still public! Please be ever-conscious of respecting confidentiality.
- If you are flying in, there is an airport shuttle available from 5am to 9:30pm Central.
- Parking is free.
- If you are lodging at the training location, Homewood Suites, each room has a full kitchen.
- If you are local to the Metro area, there are many meal options nearby. (On-site restaurant, Mall of America, etc.)
- We encourage you to partake in beading, sewing, drawing, or other art forms during the sessions. Feel free to share with us as we go!
- Please expect to participate in all 5 days to receive your Certificate of Completion.
Please contact Cristine at firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-646-4800, or text my cell phone at 612-849-4684 with ANY questions!
We can’t wait to meet everyone!
Travel safely, Warmly, the MIWSAC Team