SVJI Resource: Vision and Scope of Work Planning
Fatima Jayoma | Rural Projects Coordinator at SVJI @MNCASA
Happy Wednesday! Last week, we went over our Mission Builder resource. This week, we would like to highlight our Vision and Scope of Work Planning resource.
Mission and vision statements define and guide the SART’s work. They provide parameters of accountability and communicate the direction and focus of the team.
Here are some questions to consider:
- What will be the end result of the team’s work in 2-5 years? How will the response be different or what will all victims/survivors be able to say as a result of our work?
- What do I (and my agency) currently know about the sexual violence response? (Strengths and needed improvements) What do we need to learn?
- What do I (and my agency) see as the top priorities, issues, and/or needs that the team must address to improve outcomes for victims/survivors?
- How will we measure the results of our goals and priorities?
- How does this scope of work and vision relate back to the team’s mission and areas of impact?
To help get you started, you can check out this worksheet! As always, if you have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.